Terms for User Content Submission to American Public University System
Among other applicable terms and conditions, the Submission Terms provide for the granting of certain license rights in any User Content that you submit. In particular, by submitting or transmitting User Content for, on or through the Websites (including blogs) or Services and subject to any other applicable policies, you grant APUS a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, assignable, sublicensable license to use, reproduce, store, modify, display, distribute, prepare derivative works based on, and transmit such User Content in connection with the Services and APUS’s business, and you waive any and all moral rights and publicity rights in such User Content. You agree that this license includes the right for other users of the Websites or Services to access and use your User Content, subject to our terms and conditions regarding such use and the right for APUS to allow its third party business partners to use your User Content.
Qualification for Publishing
User Content submissions will be reviewed by the active APUS managing editor and are subject to our review before being published. It is up to the sole discretion of APUS as to whether or not any submitted User Content will be published on our Websites. All of the guidelines below must be followed in order for the work to be considered for publishing. Each submission must contain a byline with the author’s name, a bio, and confirmation that the content is original and not copied from a third party source.
If you are interested in contributing to apusms.lamp.r2integrated.com/inhomelandsecurity and you agree to the outlined items above then please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a topic, writing sample, and a short bio.
Terms and Conditions
You may post or submit comments to the American Military University (AMU) Blog. By participating in this Blog you consent to, and agree to abide by, these Terms and Conditions.
- Comments or opinions expressed on the Blog are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed by outside contributors do not represent the views of AMU, its management or employees. APUS is not responsible and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by outside contributors to the Blog.
- No one is to post any classified or sensitive information. All submitters should keep Operational Security (OPSEC) in mind when posting about units, organizations, and/or operations.
- Comments posted on the Blog should not defame, compromise the trade secrets or confidential information of, or violate the copyright or other intellectual property rights of, any third party. Comments posted on the Blog should not be obscene, profane, indecent, abusive or threatening and should not violate any local, state, national or international law.
- Any content you submit becomes the property of AMU. AMU may use, publish, copy, sublicense, adapt, edit, distribute, publicly perform, display and delete the content you submit as it chooses.
- We sometimes link to outside Web sites that are related to the Blog discussion and that we believe may be of interest to you. These links are not provided for the purposes of marketing or advertising, and AMU is not responsible for the content or practices of other Web sites.
- The Blog moderator may include information about, and links to, other AMU content and information that may be of interest to you and are related to the topic of the Blog.
- We reserve the right to change Blog procedures and these Terms and Conditions at any time. If and when we do that, we will post such changes to this page.
- AMU, and its employees, agents, officers, and directors, are released from any and all liability and obligations whatsoever in connection with or arising from your use of the Blog. If at any time you are unhappy with the Blog or object to any material in the Blog, your sole remedy is to stop using the Blog.